The mission of GOAL(cfl) is to support, educate, and promote a positive relationship between LGBTQ law enforcement professionals and the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Who We Are
Formed in 2019 as a fraternal civil rights organization, the Gay Officers Action League Central Florida (GOALcfl) addresses the needs, issues, and concerns of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) law enforcement personnel, both active duty and retired, as well as the criminal justice professionals who support them. Our goal is to advocate for the rights of its members and assist them on matters of discrimination, harassment, and disparate treatment in the workplace.
Our organization provides members with an arena to discuss their needs and concerns in a comfortable atmosphere without the fear of job-related reprisals. Some of our members have been, and continue to be, victims of harassment and discrimination in the workplace and communities in which they serve. However many of members are fortunate to work and live in a supportive and accepting environment. Our goal is to be a safe place for all.
Modeled after GOALny, who was the first organization of its kind, we strive for a high level of diversity and the inclusion of all people within the organization. We aim to stimulate intellectual growth and self-awareness of our members. In doing so, we hope to motivate our members to achieve a higher degree of efficiency in the discharge of their duties as law enforcement and criminal justice professionals.
While the GOALcfl is a positive force within the LGBTQ community, it is also instrumental in attempting to change homophobic attitudes within the workplace and the community at large. We serve as a bridge between the law enforcement professionals, criminal justice professionals and those we serve.
What We Do
- Support active duty and retired LGBTQ criminal justice professionals and other personnel of recognized law enforcement institutions
- Membership Meetings
- Quarterly Social Events
- Advocacy Services
- Educate LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ criminal justice professionals and the community in which we serve.
- Provide sensitivity training to law enforcement agencies and local businesses
- Provide training to new recruits at police academies and law enforcement agencies across Central Florida
- Promote a positive relationship between the criminal justice community and the LGBTQ community
- Perform community service work with Central Florida Organizations
- Educational Forums
- Participate in Community Events